Personal lines insurance covers an individual’s risks. Learn how personal lines insurance works and what it handles, such as personal car insurance and personal liability insurance. If you’re looking for an insurance broker in King City, ON, consider partnering with the experienced team at Orr & Associates.
What Is Personal Lines Insurance?
Personal lines insurance includes all policies you can purchase to protect yourself or your interests. Here is a list of some of the most common coverage types:
- Home (Find out how working from home affects your coverage.)
- Tenant & Condominium
- Rented Dwelling
- Motorcycle, ATV & Snowmobile
- Umbrella Liability
- Travel insurance
How Does Personal Lines Insurance Work?
Personal lines insurance provides a safety net for individuals and the family they love. Protect your loved ones against financial risk in the event of a covered event such as accidental death, lawsuits, illnesses, fire, theft, and other unforeseen circumstances.
The amount and type of insurance needed varies from person to person. Higher coverage also means higher premiums, so it’s important to work with an insurance broker you trust to find the best personal lines insurance for you. Instead of looking for an ‘insurance broker near me,’ make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable brokers.
Personal lines insurance may not cover every risk that comes your way. However, it can dramatically reduce your personal liability and help you minimize what you have to pay out of pocket.
Different Types of Personal Lines Insurance
In this section, we highlight some of the most common types of personal lines insurance, as follows:
- Home Insurance: Protect your house, condo, or townhouse with customized insurance that will reimburse you for stolen or damaged belongings and unforeseen damage to your home.
- Auto insurance: Whether you own a car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicle, it’s important to have the right insurance as you drive through the highways and byways of the province.
- Personal Liability Insurance: If your child throws a baseball through your neighbour’s window or you unintentionally cause injury or financial damage to someone else, personal liability insurance can mitigate your financial risk. Depending on how the policy is written, it can also handle expenses associated with lawsuits and legal costs.
- Travel insurance: Travel insurance helps you continue your coverage no matter where you roam. We can help you design a travelers’ insurance policy that’s perfect for you and your family.
We only work with reputable insurance companies to meet your specific needs.
What Are Extra Considerations for Personal Lines Insurance?
In certain circumstances, you may have a hard time qualifying for personal lines insurance. For example, it’s difficult to purchase life insurance if you have a life-threatening illness such as cancer. Additionally, if you live on a home on a floodplain, you may find it difficult to purchase flood insurance.
Contact Orr & Associates today for more information on personal lines insurance. Call us at 1 (866) 521 5926 or leave your details in our online form to gain personal lines insurance you can afford.