Did you know that speeding tickets can affect your automobile insurance policy and premium amount?
How they affect your car insurance rates mostly depends on a variety of factors such as the area where you live, how fast you were going, and your driving record, including any previous violations. Find out more about how adopting safe driving practices can help you save money.
Why Speeding Tickets Affect Your Insurance Rates
When it comes to car insurance, the risk and the premium are determined by your driving history within the past few years. The greater the risk, the higher your premium amount will be. Speeding is one of the most common traffic violations and is considered to be an indicator of most accidents. It helps to keep the following factors in mind when looking at automobile insurance quotes:
- Speed Limit
Each insurance company has its own way of recognizing speeding violations. However, how far over the limit you were driving plays a vital role in determining the insurance rate. Also, your first minor speeding ticket may not impact your car insurance as compared to your second or third ticket.
- Multiple Speeding Violations
You may find that a car insurance company that is slightly lenient on a first violation may not be so on further breaches of rules and regulations. They may review your driving record periodically after that to keep track of your tickets. If they find any traffic violations, your insurance rate is likely to increase. Remember that if a single speeding ticket raises your insurance premium, two or more will affect it even more.
Which Types of Tickets Affect Car Insurance?
There are three categories of tickets that may have an impact on the premium amount of your automobile insurance:
- Speeding and driving rashly
- Backing up in an unsafe and illegal manner
- Failure to use seatbelts
- Making dangerous movements when driving your vehicle
- Not following traffic rules such as traffic light infraction
- Not carrying an insurance card and other similar documents
- G1 driver handling a vehicle unaccompanied
- Distracted driving
- Failure to report an accident
- Failure to obey school crossing stop sign
- Improper passing or overtaking a school bus
- Speeding in a playground or school zone
3.Serious or Criminal Offence
- Driving while under suspension
- Speeding 50 km over the allowed speed limit
- Driving under the influence or DUI with blood alcohol over 0.08 level
- Refusing a breathalyzer
- Driving uninsured
- Participating in racing and stunts
Get Reliable Automobile Insurance Quotes with Us
Orr & Associates is a leading insurance company, having qualified insurance brokers in Ontario. We have the expertise, experience, and resources to offer reliable car insurance quotes that meet your needs. Our experts will help you understand the terms and conditions of the policies and ensure you choose a suitable coverage.
For more information about obtaining automobile insurance quotes, feel free to call us at 905-833-6691 or toll-free 1-866-521-5926. You could also get a car insurance quote online by filling out our form. We’ll be happy to help you.