The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone worldwide. Compared to the temporary disruptions most disasters of this scale bring, it has some long-term effects. It has also cost some individuals their livelihoods, forcing them to find new ways to earn and save money. Read on to find out how COVID-19 has affected home insurance and what you need to keep in mind to get a home insurance quote that best suits your requirements.
Will Spending More Time at Home Affect Your Home Insurance Rates?
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to change our lifestyle, fortunately, we do not have to make changes to the property we live in by tearing down the walls or rebuilding the home. Thus, your premiums shouldn’t be affected much, if at all, by the coronavirus. You also may not find many changes to the process of requesting a home insurance quote.
Many insurance companies may consider staying at home more often to be beneficial. This is because it can reduce the chances of theft, resulting in lower premium amounts. However, be aware that spending more time at home may also increase the risk of accidents, house fires, and damages. The risks and benefits for staying home balance themselves out, which is why insurance rates should not be affected much.
How to Get a Home Insurance Quote During COVID-19
The best way to get reliable home insurance quotes amidst the pandemic is to work with a reputable brokerage. Qualified and experienced home insurance brokers can help you find a policy that meets your needs within your budget. Also, working with a professional offers the following benefits:
A broker will assess your home’s condition, understand your specific requirements, assist with risk evaluation, and help you choose suitable coverage. They are aware of the current updates in the industry and can offer expert advice accordingly. They can help you get the perfect home insurance quote, keeping in mind the changes due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Choice of Policies
Reputable insurance brokers typically have access to a variety of home insurance quotes from top insurers. In addition to this, they have the resources to provide you with policies from insurance companies that do not sell directly to the public. This way, you can get more options for your coverage.
Security & Trust
When you buy a home insurance policy from a broker, you can rest assured that the coverage meets your unique requirements. They have the experience and expertise to identify potential threats and offer advice independent of any specific insurance company.
Resources & Influence
If you need to file a claim, require any particular advice relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, or in case of any dispute, your broker will help you communicate with the insurance company. They will ensure you get prompt assistance and helpful solutions.
Our Insurance Brokers Can Help During the Hard Times
At Orr and Associates, we are committed to ensuring our customers find the best home and auto insurance policies that meet their needs. We have qualified brokers who are updated with the current trends in the industry. We will work to understand your requirements, help you compare multiple quotes, and make sure you find the best coverage.
Easy Steps to Get the Best Coverage in Canada with Us
- Reach Out – Feel free to schedule a call with one of our home insurance experts. This way, you can get started with finding the right policy to safeguard your home.
- Tell Us About Yourself – We will have a detailed discussion to know your lifestyle and insurance needs. This will help us provide customized services and solutions unique to your specifications.
- Ask Questions – You will have the chance to clear up any concerns about the terms, conditions, and different clauses so that you can make an informed decision.
- Get Home Insurance Quotes – Whether you want bundled home and auto insurance quotes or home insurance quotes alone, we can present you with great options.
- Compare & Analyze – You can weigh the pros and cons of each coverage as they relate to your needs. Our brokers will be there every step of the way to guide you through.
- Choose a Suitable Policy – We will ensure you select the right coverage to keep your home protected.